From shy guy to don juan. Daily experiences.
"The secret of happiness is freedom. And the secret of freedom is courage."

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Perma-smile

There is no such thing as shyness. There is only lack of social skills.
This is a big revelation and everyday I'm admitting to myself how much stuff I don't know. I'm breaking everything down and there is a lot of work to do. But I feel great about. Just as when I started learning the guitar.

I dedicated my time today to learning social skills. I approached one lady, not old, but not young also, with a neutral question. I learned my lesson from yesterday and I approached with a smile. She gave me a nice descriptive response and I could continue the conversation but I backed out because I it was too loud and I was in a bad position. Those are excuses and I will need to learn how to evercome such obstacles.
I developed one EXTREMELY important thing today. The PERMA-SMILE. I decided I have to walk constantly with A SMILE. For the first minute I felt awkward but then I was getting an unusual eye contact response and the smile stayed for the entire day. Girls even look to see why are you smiling, I'm sure it is attractive as hell. Also it is impossible to be shy with the perma-smile. It's just a completely different person. It didn't help me approach though, I've got some issues to overcome. There were so many girls I chickened out on today I don't even have time to write it all down. One girl looked at me, she noticed I'm smiling, looked at me back and I saw and felt that she is just in love with me. I ignored her and were doing my usual pattern that I am not interested. For the next couple minutes she sat down on a empty bench (to invite me), she walked pass me a couple times (to grab my attention). I knew she was shy, but I was the shyer one. It was such a mental obstacle, fascinating. And the best part is that I am totally laid-back / Zen style / smiling the whole time but inside there is a battle going on. I have to develop the 3-second
rule if I want to speak to women I'm attracted to. I read in "the Game" about this pick-up line which is just perfect and involves touching a woman at the first contact. Great, easy, lot's of situations to do it, no pressure on continuing, puts you in a higher status level. Just everything good. I still had an enormous fear to use it. The problem is I just don't know what will happen. I mean my brain/body doesn't know because it never experienced it. I have to do it with the 3-second rule and just let my eyes see it for themselves.
I spoke with the same friend today for the same ammount of time. I learned my lesson again from yesterday and the conversation was sparking. I realized he was getting bored because he is boring and was sleepy. He's not really a good listener. That affects my speech. But of course I have to learn to not notice this and ALWAYS speak as if my listener is fascinated by me.
As for my ongoing quest to answer the question: what to say?. I see today that the best conversations are at times when you don't give a flying fuck what you say. You are just in the moment enjoying yourself. I don't know how this is achieved. What is the process, what are the components, I might guess: not thinking about what to say just saying it, having high energy, having good physical place to speak. It is very complicated and I'll try to just make an intention to have great conversations and leave it to the universe. We'll see how it works.