From shy guy to don juan. Daily experiences.
"The secret of happiness is freedom. And the secret of freedom is courage."

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Reciprocity

Last night I made a self-hypnosis session using the album "Songs of distant earth". I was positively visualizing encounters with girls and it seemed to trigger something in me today. Although I didn't have a real opportunity I used with success this idea:

Let your testosterone drive you. The sexual frame works wonders. I can maintain eye contact and "towards" manner if I think sexually about the target. The focus is on communicating through body language that you are interested. It works good for me because I stop thinking about what to say. I'll use this more tomorrow and I must see how a conversation will look like after applying this on a target.

Tips from "David Deangelo - Ask Me Anything Vol1 - Sexual Communication":
CAPITALIZE on your strength (humour, facial language)
break the weakness into chunks (physical contact -> start with holding hands)

Have I discovered the secret of not being shy? I think so. The difference between a shy person and not shy is that the second one doesn't think about his social actions. A shy person thinks about how?, what? and worst of all if?. The opposite doesn't think at all or thinks only about when?. The difference is in knowing you will do it and trusting yourself. So a shy person might apply this by not thinking about his actions. Either when a shy thought comes just push it away and do your thing or if it is really bothering use NLP techniques to make it small, or distract yourself and just keep in mind your main goal.

I must apply this stuff tomorrow because I will have the opportunities and after tomorrow I won't have that many.

Tip: Create an emotion inside other people. It is the only way to make friends and girlfriends.

Idea from the book "Psychology of Influence":
Reciprocity rule. People are unlikely to reject a second offer if it is smaller than the first one. For example: ask a girl if she would like to go out with you now, if she says no just ask about the phone number.