From shy guy to don juan. Daily experiences.
"The secret of happiness is freedom. And the secret of freedom is courage."

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Learning

Reading does not accomplish anything. Reading just gives you confidence that what you are doing is right. Real learning comes from observing other people. All the social skills that I have and especially the new ones, I observe, are direct rip-offs of people I know or watched. And I never learned this consciously. This is a very interesting subject and I am thinking that this is the only thing that is really important in self improvment (the other thing is imagining things you desire (this could also be the same thing, because as U.G. says there is no difference between what you see with your eyes open or closed because you can never really see (it's just thoughts, everything you experience is something translated for you by the brain))). I want to write about this more later.
But for now here are things I can do to improve myself by watching:
- watch comedians, comedies and sit-coms (my funniness comes from a specific point of view, a sit-com reality in my head, not from memorized lines)
- watch pick-up artists in action (seeing someone do something unimaginable shifts your reality totally)
- hang around with naturals and alpha men (you just adapt their body language and things they do)