From shy guy to don juan. Daily experiences.
"The secret of happiness is freedom. And the secret of freedom is courage."

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Butter

Wow... I was reading my journal entry from a year ago:

[quote]Lover archetypes:I've come up with three archetypes that woman fantasize about. I'm sure there
are more, but recently these are the ones I thought about. These archetypes
can be combined, some woman might want a mixture of these.- The untamed bad boy/warrior. Woman ho are fascinated by this archetype enjoy movies like: "Crouching Tiger
Hidden Dragon" (Dark Cloud), "The Assignment" (Carlos).- The poet/artist.Movies: "Moulin rouge" (Christian)- The mild guardian.Movies: "The proffesional" (Jean Reno, is basically like this).Throughout life women that want the second archetype seem to be most attracted
to me. Also from the third, but that is something I need to work on more. As
for the first one, that is what I want to be. I've got to find ways to improve
this.[/quote]

I said what!? I am the first archetype not the second or third! I realized my whole self-image changed. I don't even remember what I was
thinking about myself back then. I have become the first archetype.

==============================

After so many years of living, I have understood this. It seems so obvious.
Autosuggestion by Emile Coue:

"If we open a dictionary and look up the word "will", we find this
definition:
"The faculty of freely determining certain acts". We accept this
definition as
true and unattackable, although nothing could be more false.
This will that we
claim so proudly, always yields to the imagination. It is
an absolute rule
that admits of no exception."

"But above all, and this is an essential point, the will must not be brought
into play in practising autosuggestion; for, if it is not in agreement with
the imagination, if one thinks: "I will make such and such a thing happen",
and the imagination says: "You are willing it, but it is not going to be", not
only does one not obtain what one wants, but even exactly the reverse is
brought about.This remark is of capital importance, and explains why results are so
unsatisfactory when, in treating moral ailments, one strives to re-educate the
will. It is the training of the imagination which is necessary, and it is thanks to this shade of difference that my method has often succeeded where others -- and those not the least considered -- have failed. From the numerous experiments that I have made daily for twenty years, and which I have examined with minute care, I have
been able to deduct the following conclusions which I have summed up as laws:

1. When the will and the imagination are antagonistic, it is always the imagination which wins, without any exception.
2. In the conflict between the will and the imagination, the force of the imagination is in direct ratio to the square of the will.
3. When the will and the imagination are in agreement, one does not add to the
other, but one is multiplied by the other.
4. The imagination can be directed.

(The expressions "In direct ratio to the square of the will" and "Is multiplied by" are not rigorously exact. They are simply illustrations destined to make my meaning clearer.)"

"The principle of the method may be summed up in these few words:
It is impossible to think of two things at once, that is to say that two ideas may be in juxtaposition, but they cannot be superimposed in our mind.

Every thought entirely filling our mind becomes true for us and tends to transform itself into action."


==============================

IF YOU THINK OF APPROACHING AS SOMETHING ELSE THAN SPREADING BUTTER ON A PIECE OF BREAD THAN YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT IT WRONG!

He read a book from which he got an idea to eliminate the word "I' from his language. He wants to talk to himself like this for a whole week. He already did this for one day and then forgot about it. No worries, practice will make him perfect. The "I" is an illusion. Part of getting rid of that illusion is getting rid of the language that conceptualizes it.