From shy guy to don juan. Daily experiences.
"The secret of happiness is freedom. And the secret of freedom is courage."

Monday, April 02, 2007

Going home

I went out to do the Hypnotica 3-second task. The intention was to approach 20 girls. I decided I feel kind of funny and I'll apporach 20 strangers at random, for a warm-up. I approached 5. I could do it well for a moment. I used the Goal Action Purpose technique and it worked but then I lost it. I got tired and just relaxed for about 1.5 hours. I learned that it's best not to force myself. I can only do things in a good state. I need to meditate today on this. Here is a list of things I noted to do next time, to actually accomplish the real goal. I have to seek out girls and deliberatly approach them with something. Not just asking for time or sth. But commit to approaching them. Everytime I think about this I fear of what people will think when they see me, or I fear that I will meet this girl again. I need to solve these conflicts. Do it as described below by PJE.


- write specific task, commit to it

- get into GOD MODE/X MODE

- if I think what others are thinking about me, reverse, be curious about THEM

- release expectations (I realized that when I say enough and decide to go home I enter X MODE)

- every single approach: determine WHERE, WHO (for example: the most pretty girl there), WHAT to say/do.

- write this stuff down and FUCKEN READ IT FROM TIME TO TIME


--------------------------------------


Truths that nobody will tell you:


You have to actually do stuff and be active in talking to have stuff to talk about. You don't have stuff to talk about by thinking about it. If you find yourself in a place that you don't have nothing to say, you are just not conditioned to talk. Go back to doing, not thinking.


People pickup your emotion. If you're afraid they will be mean to you. It's very primitive.

Not thinking is the key to all problems.


--------------


PJE (dirtsimple.org):
Our brains are NOT designed to do things "on purpose"!


"The Six Master Keys, for example, are a catalog of the most useful workarounds:

Picking a single primary purpose (so it's easy to remember, and conflicts between goals are minimized

Having a motivating vision (so the mind's goal-seeking centers are engaged)

Making a tangible, external commitment (to leverage the mind's natural tendency to make what's outside us more important than what's inside us)

Creating a concrete, specific action plan (to engage the brain's "now/not now" response mechanism to actually do something at the appropriate time(s))

Pre-visualizing the conflicts that might come up (so that the brain's tendency to select the most familiar path is neutralized by making the right choice more familiar)

Setting up a structure to provide repetition (to offset the brain's tendency to be distracted by new things, while forgetting about older ones -- like your plans to change!)"


"So, if an "annoying person" bothers us at work, our brain wants us to go to the "annoyed" room. And until something else comes along that puts us in a different room, it doesn't care if we just stay there, in the "being annoyed" room."


"Remember: every room in your mental "house" has an outside door. These doors are your senses. Whatever you experience as coming "in" from the outside world, has the power to lift you out of one room and transport you to another!"


"In other words, it is not enough to say or hear the name of what you want. You must picture what you want. Hear the sounds of what you want. Feel the feelings of what you want."


"But even this is not enough. In addition to sensing what you want, you must also be able to: Sense where you are!
For example, the feeling elimination technique I teach requires that you sense the physical tension in your body that defines the feeling you want to get rid of. Unless you can accept and feel that feeling, you will not be able to get rid of it. In a sense, it's like you're sticking your head into another room in the house, while keeping your body penned up where it is!"


"First, you imagine (see and hear) and then you feel. Feeling is the bridge to the body, where all action occurs."


This works! While playing guitar too!


"How to Change Your State or Mood

So no matter what mental "room" you're currently in, you can actually "teleport" yourself to any other room, as long as you use this pattern:

First, determine where you want to be -- not where you don't.

Pick something specific, rather than thinking, "I'd rather feel anything else than this."

Second, imagine already being there. See and hear yourself calm, or energetic, or creative, or confident, or whatever it is you want to be. See and hear yourself with such clarity that you find your body responding to what you imagine.

Third, feel yourself being it. Overlap your imagined self with your body, wherever you are now, and allow your body to shape itself accordingly. Notice how your breathing, posture, and muscle tone change in response.

Finally, the more often you practice moving to specific states, the easier it will become."