From shy guy to don juan. Daily experiences.
"The secret of happiness is freedom. And the secret of freedom is courage."

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Quotes

Juggler:


I think I posted this here once but never used it. But this is money and I want to practice it, how are you? lol:


"Okay, so here is my recommendation to you:Everyday in the evening, think of what you did that day and package it into a story.Practice it a few times and then go out and use the "How are you opener." That goes likethis:You: "How are you?"Her: "I'm fine..." or whatever.Her: "How are you?"Or if she doesn't reciprocate you say playfully, "Don't you think it's rude to not ask how Iam after I asked how you are?"Her: "Okay, how are you?"(Note: In general asking a question like this at the beginning of an interaction isdangerous. You leave yourself open for her to say flatly, "No, I don't." The key is toperform it very playfully. But there is still a chance of being burned here - just figure itinto your calculations.)You: "I'm great. Today I went shopping...." or "I laid on the couch..." or whatever you didthat day.Then the next night, re-write your stories based on what you did that day and so on. Younever use the same story twice and you get real good at telling stories."


--------------


PJE:

"And I began it by asking her to go inside her mind andbody, and ask the feeling what it *wanted* for her."
"And she got an answer that surprised her -- and me! "Itwants to tell me that I'm useless.""
"So I said, "Great. I'm sure that you have a good reasonfor wanting that. What does thinking you're useless getyou, that's even better than that?"
And after further questions in this vein, an "outcomechain" emerged.
A part of herself wanted to tell her she was useless,so that she would become depressed...
Depressed enough to get ANGRY!
Angry enough to DO something to change things.
Change things enough, to feel productive andaccomplished.
Productive and accomplished enough, to feel whole andat one with herself.
And by the time we got to this point, Leslie's smilewas bigger than it had been in a week... or longer.
She could *start* by feeling whole and at one. Becausewhen she does that, she'll feel (and be!) moreproductive and accomplished. And she'll be more likelyto "do something to change things". Without needing tobe angry, or depressed. And certainly without needingto believe she's useless!"


------------------------------


Brainwashing:


"Other often-used physiological weapons to modify normal brain functions are fasting, radical or high sugar diets, physical discomforts, regulation of breathing, mantra chanting in meditation, the disclosure of awesome mysteries, special lighting and sound effects, programmed response to incense, or intoxicating drugs.'