From shy guy to don juan. Daily experiences.
"The secret of happiness is freedom. And the secret of freedom is courage."

Sunday, April 22, 2007

It's all you

Powerful need destroyer:


Rich dad, poor dad:
"If I could leave one single idea with you, it is that idea. Whenever
you feel "short" or in "need" of something, give what you want first and
it will come back in buckets. That is true for money, a smile, love,
friendship. I know it is often the last thing a person may want to do,
but; it has always worked for me. I just trust that the principle of
reciprocity it is true, and I give what I want. I want money, so I give
money, and it comes back in multiples. I want sales, so I help someone
else sell something, and sales come to me. I want contacts and I help
someone else get contacts, and like magic, contacts come to me. I heard
a saying years ago that went, "God does not need to receive, but humans
need to give.""


Actually yesterday I discovered a very fun way of thinking:When I look at a girl I say to myself:
"I wonder what makes her laugh?"


----------------------


Core Transformation method:

"1) You identify a behavior/feeling/response you want to change
2) You find a 'part' of yourself that is responsible for the
behavior/feeling/response
3) You recognize that the part actually has a positive purpose and
ultimately wants to do you good or protect you
4) You make peace with the part and become friends with it
5) You uncover the part's purpose, probably after passing through
several layers of intent - you get to the 'core'
6) You ask the part to keep its purpose (which is positive) and change
the behavior/feeling/response associated with it, reaching the same
results by another, more ecological behavior/feeling/response
7) After the procedure things will begin to change, even though you may
not be immediately aware or it - your unconscious mind may not provide
you with that knowledge


PJE:
"So this is where the common self-help idea comes from, that "until you
accept your faults, you can't change them." It's not because there's
some mystical power in acceptance, but because not accepting who you are
cuts you off from critical information you need to create effective
change. It divides your mind in an unhealthy way, since you now have a
"weak" or "evil" you that has been assigned the task of obtaining your
secret desires, while you disavow any knowledge or control of its
activities.""


"And so, this is how you create the experience of inner conflict, and of
feeling compelled to do things that you "don't want to". Trust me, if
you're doing it, it's because you want to! All that's happening is that
you've redefined "you" so it doesn't include the stuff you don't want to
admit you want."


How to get things done:


""Start with a single action.... Follow the spread of your effort, obey
it, but don't become involved in it. Use your abilities with perspective
and detachment. Don't identify yourself with your task.""
All knowledge is flowing into me, that the meaninf of just doing it is,
not getting involved in the mental images presented to you. Accepting
all thoughts and letting them go.


----


What PJE wrote me a long time ago:

""""Am I close to your concept of the internal sysadmin?"""
Yes. A big part of contacting the sysadmin has to do with changing what
parts of your mind, body, and behavior constitute your "self". That is,
where you put your attention, and what you identify with.
When you "just did it", you removed your self-identification from the
administrative aspect and identified with the *experience* instead; this
is the formula for truly committed and focused action.
There is quite a lot that you can do by changing the scope, degree, and
target of your self-identification, as it is the essence of these
magics. Contact with the sysadmin is able to occur when you can include
the unconscious mind in your self-identification, and thereby achieve
*empathy with yourself*."


It's been nearly a year and just now I know what he was talking about.
I've been ongoing a similar change like the sysadmin PJE writes about.
This happens when you get a "wider" sense of identification. When you
identify with MORE of yourself. This seems silly, and I couldn't explain
it to somebody like me a year ago. I realized that there is a part of me
that is judging... me. So I took control of that part and asked "why
would I do that?". This sparks a process of change, because you start
controlling that part.


I guess my goal now will be to incorporate as much of myself into the
identification of myself. Do this by any means necessary.


"the more powerful the metaphor, the more powerful the interface"

I now even more understand how stupid microimanagment of yourself is. When you're micromanaging, you really haven't established rapport with the subconscious. Identify with it. It's all you.