From shy guy to don juan. Daily experiences.
"The secret of happiness is freedom. And the secret of freedom is courage."

Monday, April 10, 2006

Illumination part II

Confidence must be based on something. There is no such thing as overall confidence. You can be confident about your looks for example. But that is weak for me, it could work, but I don't want to rely on external features. What if I have a ba hair day? I won't be confident. So my confidence must be based on my inner-self. On my ability to adapt to situations. On my creativity, intelligence and ability to perform and be funny. What confidence do I have now? I'm funny.

What I learned from Sean Stephenson:
WHEN YOU'RE COMFORTABLE, YOU CAN DO ANYTHING.
Create the feelings that you want, and everything you are after will come to you.
BE IN THE PRESENT.
It's funny how you know things but only experiencing it can make you realize what it really is.
Sean Stephenson (on Approaching Women DVD) illuminated me on the topic of being in the present moment, it's a terrific feeling. Is this Zen satori? Sure changes your perspective on stuff. I realized that everytime I was breaking out of my comfort zone in social situations I was shutting down all thoughts and just being in the present. I decided to give a try this sort of living for 7 days. Basically what you do is: think of an intention, what you want. It must be a pure thought, words are unnecesary (visualization is good). Then just trust the universe that whatever you thought of will be accomplished and return to the present moment. This is the only time when you are in your head when you are consciously thinking of your intention. That's all the conscousness is for, intention. So being in your head is like 1% of the time. Let's see how it works, this needs training.

I trained my voice today with George Carlin and David DeAngelo. I have great improvisation abilities and my voice is really powerful when I am comfortable.