From shy guy to don juan. Daily experiences.
"The secret of happiness is freedom. And the secret of freedom is courage."

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The truth about fear

What do you do if you know you will have to do something but you fear it?
You prepare yourself for it.
The ultimate answer to what is fear. Fear is an emotion that helps you survive. If you fear approaching women that means you are not prepared. Fear = Incompentence.
In order to minimize the fear you must prepare yourself. For example by memorizing pick-up lines and conversation topics. This is what I must do. Of course it will not go away completely because there is always fear of the unknown and the primordial fear that Mystery talks about.
But when I prepare myself and I know I'm gonna do it. I'll do it.

Today I had a great example of this. I was working in my dedicated time. I only did approaches that I already did, nothing new. I felt really terrible today, really tired. But I went into a guitar shop and played some guitar which I never did before. I just made an intention to do it and it was cool. I didn't make any conversations or statements. I couldn't break through. I felt like a pretty tank that everyone looks at and admires but there is a man inside that can't get outside. This really sucks. This girl in the bus today gave me a really nice smile, it was a perfect situation. I just didn't do anything because suddenly I felt the fear that I will fuck up. The problem is that I come from a high position because I see she is attracted to me and I'm afraid that when I open my mouth I will spoil it.
Well guess what? Of course I will spoil it! That's part of the learning. I might not spoil it if I prepare myself and train for it. Fuck.
OK so now I'm going to prepare myself for tomorrow, I'm going to memorize a conversation line for use with anybody and I will use it tomorrow. Just like a performer or artist. I must have a canned well-trained line that I can use anywhere. It will boost my confidence and I'll know that I can use this in any situation. There will be no excuses after this.

TYLER:
tap tap
give value
don't do reaction seeking
LOWER THE STANDARDS OF WHAT YOU SAY
90-10
4 tools:
1. cold reading
2. story telling
3. role playing
4. misinterpretation