From shy guy to don juan. Daily experiences.
"The secret of happiness is freedom. And the secret of freedom is courage."

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Be the Prince Charming

All my life I have been approval seeking in social situations. Now it has left me a lot of neural networks that work to "read peoples" minds. So when I'm focusing on the needs of the person I tend to be very manipulative.

I can shift my thinking by shifting states! I have to train this, especially in social situations. It's like changing a lense on a camera.
If I shift states I get different meaning so I act differently.


Pook:
The need of the woman is a prince charming:
"The first step in becoming the Prince Charming every woman dreams of is to THINK OF YOURSELF AS A PRINCE."
I must change my state to that and all will follow.

Only through failure I can learn. I embrace pain and failure!

"I know, I know. I can hear you saying, "But I must worry about mistakes or else I'll have another 'learning experience' on my hands."

This is a GOOD THING. Let us say that, in a normal conversation, you came across a word you did not know how to pronounce. Most people will utter the word softly for fear of criticism. This is stupid. Say the word LOUD! Let me repeat, say the word LOUD! If you are wrong, you will be corrected. Clearing up mistakes is ALWAYS a good thing and should NEVER be feared.

The same applies with dating. Do not date with hesitation and shyness; date with all conviction. Remember, the biggest risk you can take in life is not to take any risks at all."

-----------------------------------------------------------


All the do this, don't do that's in mind that are coming up when I'm thinking of a specific issue are really just my parents voice coming up. I need to bet on myself and only then I can succeed.