From shy guy to don juan. Daily experiences.
"The secret of happiness is freedom. And the secret of freedom is courage."

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Monkey show

I went out today, like yesterday and the day before. As expected I was in a great playful mood, ready to run the opinion opener. I went to a coffee shop and there I asked a group for the time. The reason it worked was that the day before I made the decision to do so and today all the initial parameters were set right. Later I was in fucken demon state but I couldn't find any girls. Later I found girls but I was terrified. At least I came to the conclusion that I'm running this show and I really have to deal with my psychology. More refactoring today. This will take time, a shorter way is to change context for the decision making. Of course I did this before but I didn't really know what the context / state of mind is. Now I know that you ARE in the state if you catch yourself subconsiously thinking and making decisions as in the state.

Note about flirting:
The same as in improv - always respond positively. To do that you must decide to go into the interaction.

-------

To PJE:

Today I've come to the realization like you in "Life is every moment", that I'm actually the one running this circus. So I have a solution to my riddle, posted yesterday.

I now know why acceptance is crucial for changing. Because it was actually you who made the decision to avoid some behaviour in the past. When the 'present you' wants to do something, it fails because all of it's arguments can't stand against the strong 'past self's' decision to avoid doing this something. You must realize that it was in fact YOU who wanted this and if you're failing to change yourself it is because you draw a line between you and him, between 'past self' and 'present self', the distinction is an illusion of the conscious mindm, it is ONLY YOU WHO MAKES DECISIONS AND THAT IS WHAT YOU ACT UPON!. So you must identify with the 'past you' and accept whatever worries he had, because in fact those are your worries, deal with them.

This is nothing new. I'm basically rewriting your words. The funny thing about reading is that you come to an understanding only after experiencing it. Then you just find the right words to describe your experience because you read about it on dirtsimple.org for example.

So going back to my metaphor about the room. It's not that you close yourself in a room and throw out the key. You lock yourself in the room and you EAT the key. So in order to get out of the room you must realize that it is you that are possesing the key and you must accept that you are going to have to defecate the key which won't be necessarily pleasant. Also you must deal with the problem that lead you to lock yourself in the room in the first place so you don't eat the key again after getting it out!