From shy guy to don juan. Daily experiences.
"The secret of happiness is freedom. And the secret of freedom is courage."

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Tao

Tao of Jeet Kune Do:

"The conciousness of self is the greatest hindrance to the proper execution of all physical action."
Talking is a physical act.

"Turn into a doll made of wood; it has no ego, it thinks nothing"
If I review times when I "did" something I wasn't thinking...

"If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will discolose themselves. Moving, be like water"
If I don't contrain myself to a particular frame but be flexible, my words will flow like a river.

IT'S NOT ME THAT - DOES - STUFF!!!!!!

"The perfect way is only difficult for those who pick and choose. [...] The struggle between "for" and "against" is the mind's worst disease."
To get rid of the disease go with it. If you will think of getting rid of it you'll be thinking of the pink elephant. Keep company with it.

"In Buddhism, there is no place for using effort"