From shy guy to don juan. Daily experiences.
"The secret of happiness is freedom. And the secret of freedom is courage."

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Dedication

First of all the facts:
I spent 4 hours dedicated working in the field. 1 hour I spent reading Neil Strauss's "The Game" in a book store. The rest was spent mainly by walking from place to place and psyching up, waiting for opportunities. I opened 3 ladies. All of them old or fat. I didn't have the guts to approach any girl. The best motivation gave me thinking of the world as a stage and me as the performer. After thinking like that I opened the first lady I saw at a bus stop. Still can't do it with girls I'm attracted to. Also I forgot about my 4 rules. Especially the personality rule. I was trying to be perfect most of the time. Very, very, very bad. I am a performer, a comedy performer, all I am doing is light-hearted. I realized that I'm not really smooth with a total stranger. I need to grow some skills. Yes, this was my biggest revelation. The fear is there because I have no skill. A couple months ago I had no skill at flirting with cashiers, today I feel it is easy if I have a line to say. I just trained, 20 or more approaches and I'm not afraid anymore. This is what I am going to do:

I learned playing guitar in 2 years. I'm really confident at playing and can play almost everything as long as it is not fast and doesn't involve complicated chords. I did this by self-motivation and daily practice. Every single bit and piece, note by note, I transformed myself into a guitar player. I will do the same to become a ladies man. I will dedicate time in my day just for approaching strangers and performing in front of them. I'm at the beginning of the road so I need to break everything down to the tiniest pieces. I will keep a log of my tasks and report the progress here. So I'm changing completely my style. Everyday life will not be training. I will just keep my eyes open for opportunities. But in the dedicated training time I will DO things.

One thing that is helping me a lot. Detachment. I think Zen meditation is helping me a lot. I had a talk with an old friend today. The conversation was forced in a bus, so there were a couple of lols. But I was so cool and laid-back that we both found it ammusing that we are having these moments. In general we just needed to warm-up. Initially I came to him with a very high energy and he got high energy also but then we leveled down unfortunately and we slowly built it to high energy again. Intention works with conversation. The universe around will give you stuff to talk about.
Also I realized that when I explain something with 2 or more sentences I seem dull and boring. Three components to remember about when speaking:
1. talk 2 times SLOWER
2. don't spread my mouth, it sounds childish
3. change tonality and be smooth like an analog wave