From shy guy to don juan. Daily experiences.
"The secret of happiness is freedom. And the secret of freedom is courage."

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Switch the personality

I was astonished at how many attractive women there were today. It must be the weather. If there is sun they naturaly come out of their nests seeking for mates. I had to work for several hours to attain a confident manner. I wasn't feeling like that but I worked for it at the end of the day. Switching the personality to the opposite, which is Migel works very well. He switches by triggers. Certain places are triggers for this. Maybe I can imagine this anywhere and just be it.
I was trying to ask anyone anything, because I commited to approach one stranger a day. One time I felt fear of how I will project my voice and that it would be weak and that other people would hear me and I would get embarassed. So I didn't do it. Later on I just decided at a bus stop that this is where I'm gonna ask somebody for the time and I just asked a girl. It was natural and laid-back. My voice was the same as my attitude. If I'm nervous my voice will be nervous but if I'm cool my voice will be cool. I need to remember this. If I don't feel strong work to feel strong, otherwise there is nothing to fear of, especially if I don't think much about the talking. The voice is a projection of inner feelings. There is no good way for me to consciously maintain a good voice projection. As I discovered yesterday it is even impossible. So now I know how to have a confident voice. Just be confident.

I was thinking a lot about yesterdays illumination. It's brilliant to know how the mind works but it is not an instant solution to all problems. I've done a lot of thinking today and I came to this conclusion:
There is I and Him. "I" is the consciousness, but the I can have multiple presonalities. "Him" is the body and the brain itslef (the neuron-nets). "Him" needs "I" only to make an association and distinction between me and other humans. It needs that to draw higher level conclusions and assign priorities to decisions. Decisions of actions are based on what "I" assigns to the thought based on memories of the "I". If "I" is shy it makes decisions based on that. But if I switch personalities it will draw conclusions based on that. Basically if I want to do whatever I want, to live my life like a lucid dream, I need to reprogram the memory of "I". I need to not only think of what I want to be but know that I am and don't let any other thought draw conclusions. Another way is to shut the I and just react. Both ways will work but the first one is better long-term because after all I'm in the process of developing myself.