From shy guy to don juan. Daily experiences.
"The secret of happiness is freedom. And the secret of freedom is courage."

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Me & Myself

Wow what a day. I was relatively short out of home but I intuitively followed a different path while returning home and I came across a lot of attractive women. I had lots of opportunities and I know I was visually attractive because I got response from a group of school girls (when they get older they can hide it better). I had lots of opportunities but I didn't really approach any. Waiting for the bus with me was a girl of the type that I am especially attracted to, I felt so warm and fuzzy when I looked at her. She had a big back pack. I had no real intention of speaking to her, somewhere in the back of mind there were two voices: what will she think if I just come up to her and start talking she'll think that I'm blah blah blah, the second one was I don't have anything real to say. I got really pumped and I felt my body is helping me in this, I got a lot of good chemicals. I entered the bus with her and a brilliant opener came up to my mind: "nice backpack, are you coming home from school?". There wasn't really much space to make an interaction there so nothing happened. Later I was in a tram and right next to me entered a really attractive girl, well-dressed, beatiful green eyes. Although there was lots of space she stood exactly facing me. I freaked out and lost control. This happened a lot of times earlier so I knew that's the end. Even if I started a conversation it would be weak. All of this got me thinking and I defined four rules to follow for my success in making approaches a habit:
1. INTENTION
2. DEDICATION
3. PERSONALITY
4. 3 SECOND RULE

Let's explain:

1) I see how the power of intention works. I consiously plan my day from sometime. I intended meeting girls today and they were there. It doesn't matter how it works.

2) This is a pattern-break for me. For the last six months I've been trying to approach girls when doing something else like coming home or going to the shop. So the approaching is a low priority process in the brain and therefore I don't commit to it. Especially when I'm returning home I keep thinking of the comfort I'm about to experience. If I have a choice of jumping out of the airplane (approach) and just following whatever I am doing my body will choose the second. But if I dedicate myself only to pickup?
So, not to waste time I am going to not really try to approach girls when not dedicated to it. I'll jut be open to any circumstances I get. Also I've decided to talk to one stranger everyday I'm out, preferably a girl for the next 30-days (stevepavlina.com idea).
I will dedicate myself to approaching when there is a proper time and day. I will know when it is time. I will select a few hours and a place and completely dedicate it to what I want to achieve.

3) I've thought about this as a correct mind-frame (fun, zen, seducer). But a frame is really a limited idea. The concept of multiple personalities is better. Migel must rise.

4) Basically an escape plan when all of the above fails. Or in better words apply the 3-second rule so that no thoughts interrupt the mental processing that happened on the 3 previous steps.

Also a tip: when approaching you must come in strong. If the position is a position of your weakness (like the tram standing situation) prevent it from happening. There will be no excuses and it will be easier if there is no bad feelings about a certain way of approaching.


One thing I want to mention, I won't write details about it, maybe some other time. I was illimunated today. I was reading Jungs introduction to Zen and then I came across this article on the web:
http://dirtsimple.org/2005/08/multiple-self.html
I finally understand how I work. What is I and what I is NOT. I feel so happy and in control.