From shy guy to don juan. Daily experiences.
"The secret of happiness is freedom. And the secret of freedom is courage."

Friday, March 24, 2006

Improv

I'm preparing myself with canned openers and follow-ups. Next Wednsay I will dedicate full 4 hours just for approaching people. Nothing sexual right now, I just want to perform in front of some strangers. So I'll be gathering tips here:
Juggler: Wait for judgment. When she judges you she is making a commitment to the interaction -> Hey [pause] My name is ... [pause]

I've done some story telling training by myself today. I really feel confident at this. I forgot how much I am a performing artist, it's so much excitement for me. If I can tap in the performer mind I can be unstoppable. I was doing this in front of the mirror and I noticed I don't focus my eyes, it's just a habit. I need to lock my eyes at the person I'm speeking to. It is also a good way to focus the consciousness and let the unconsiousness speak. Another thing: body language. I have big hands and it's better if I don't move them, unless I'm doing something funny.

Improv techniques to warm-up:
Free Association (think of a word, then of another and so on)
What Are You Doing? (think of an activity and name it totally unrelated, think of the name and name it again)
One Word at a Time (split personalities and let each one say a word at a time, form sentences from this)
Dubbing (watch people and dub their voices)