From shy guy to don juan. Daily experiences.
"The secret of happiness is freedom. And the secret of freedom is courage."

Monday, January 15, 2007

Simply observe

I was reading J. Krishnamurti and I realized how change occurs. Change occurs by obervation. The simple act of observing changes the reality. Not concious change and struggle. The organism can change itself but it must have feedback, a mirror to look upon. So I will now dedicate my time to simple observation of myself, my thoughts, my emotions in social situations. I must grow the amount of time I use to respond to people. Answer only after observing and assessing eveyrything. I must see how I work in order to change myself.

--------------------------
Carlos Xuma:
I’m about to give you the exact words to a foolproof opener that you can use
injust about any situation. Memorize this and repeat it until you can say it ten
times fast:
"Hi, I'm just meeting new people today. I thought you might be interesting to
talk to.What's your name?"

---------

Killswitch, my new guru:
" want to get this tattoed on me somewhere:

My confidence is MINE, and I WILL NOT give it away.

This means not investing it in ANYONE or ANYTHING..
relationships are for building rewarding lifestyles, they are not for making
me more confident."

This is awesome. How to build confidence? DON'T LOSE IT. Your confidence is
already there, it is your inner strength. If you don't have confidence it is
because you have given it away. Don't give it away and your confidence will be
yours.

This explains everything. My explanation of the 4 agreements of don miguel ruiz:

1. Be inpeccable with your word
- Do not build false confidence. You don't have to do it, you already have your confidence. There is no need to deprecate others.

2. Don't make assumptions
- Do not place confidence in ideas and abstractions.

3. Don't take anything personally
- Do not let your confidence be dependable on other people. Don't give it away it is YOURS.

4. Always do your best
- Do not place confidence in your own ability. You can be confident and fail.