From shy guy to don juan. Daily experiences.
"The secret of happiness is freedom. And the secret of freedom is courage."

Friday, May 05, 2006

Bootcamp - w1d5

It's the summer of George babe! :)
I did 15 Hi's today and therefore my count is:
[B]50/50[/B] !!!
I'm taking a break since I'm wasted and am waiting for week 2.

Thomas94305: I will write a little about my self-talk since I really analyze myself a lot. Here is my take on the "Hi" assignment, if it will help somebody then great!

Generally thinking and self-talk is bad when doing this. But how not to think and just do it? Well you have to convince yourself (your brain and your body) that you really WANT to do this. There are 3 things that helped me complete this task:

1. Mindset (or frame of mind)
2. Focus on the task
3. Acceptance of the real outcome


1) My mindset is "friendly drunk guy". I wrote about this one page earlier. This helps eliminate all the fear of being percieved as a psycho or any kind of judgment. This adds humour to your approach which is very powerful.

2) Usually you will tell yourself: why do I want to speak to this person, there is no point (this happens when the people you pass are really nasty looking ;)). At this time you must focus on the task. I imagine a counter in my head and just go for it. Immediately after saying hello I increase the counter :).

3) Let's face it. Where I live NOBODY says Hi to strangers on the street. So when I say it, people are either: shocked, try to ignore it or don't actually believe what they heard. Once you ACCEPT that this is the reality things get MUCH easier because you get rid of your worst enemy, the thing that stops all men especially shy ones, that is NEEDINESS.
We all live in a fantasy world. A world where we are the greatest Don Juans in the world. We all KNOW that when you look at this cute HB she just melts and you are the most powerful person on earth. That is our fantasy. And here comes the greatest fear of all. We are afraid that if we simply say Hi to this girl she won't respond to you how you want it and THAT WILL DESTROY YOUR WHOLE WORLD. We are afraid that our fantasy world is not real. Well guess what? It's not real. You must ACCEPT that when you say Hi to anyone they usually won't respond as you expect it. This is why nice guys live a miserable life because they expect women to fall in love with them because they are so nice to them. They need their approval. This is also why positive thinking fails. You try to think positively because you need something. But there is a difference between WANTING something and NEEDING. You WANT the HB to smile at you and you WANT to f*** her, but you can't expect it. When you don't expect it magical things happen. Your brain knows the reality, and when you need the outcome to be good, it produces fear when you want to say Hi or when you want to approach. When you need the approval of the other person and you know the reality is rejection you will be afraid. So, to just do it, you must not need it, expect what is realistic and then when you finally meet a normal person like you that likes to say 'Hi' to strangers be surprised by it :).
Of course it is not easy to get rid of neediness. I hope this bootcamp will solve the problem atleast partially. The only way I see to get rid of it is making it a habit to approach women and learning what is the ratio between rejection and success. I think we all should read on week 1 Pook's post [B]"Habit is all"[/B]. It's the correct mindset for this bootcamp.