From shy guy to don juan. Daily experiences.
"The secret of happiness is freedom. And the secret of freedom is courage."

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Bootcamp w2d1

Here goes the first report for week 2:
I hit the streets today. I didn't feel right, I wasn't in a social mood, rather shy. So I sat down let myself tune in. I drank a coffee. After that I felt really
great and friendly. Maybe caffeine has the same effect as cocaine ? . I was trying to talk to people with a mindset "I want to talk to somebody, anybody?". I think it is a wrong frame, it produces desperation and fear because you NEED something. So I switched that line and I walked around thinking "Who wants to talk with me?". This is a powerful line for me, however there are no people on the streets that want to talk to me .
Things I hate:
- ipods (people can't listen to their own thoughts so they distract themselves and you can't talk to them)
- bums and beggars (it's because of these individuals people don't do EC and greet themselves on streets)
- cellphones (people use phones because they hate being together and they are too scared of being alone)

Later I went to my university and there I striked two conversations with some dudes. They weren't even 2 minutes and were more like an interogation, lol, but I never did this before so I'm counting it:
Convo's:
2/15

Some other observations about me (worth reading if you're in the same phase of life as me) -
I woke up today with a totally different perspective of life. Yesterday I watched "Fight Club", for the second time. This time I liked the movie because I understood the message. The thing that hit me in the head was Tyler Durden's words:
"Its not until you lose everything that you are free to do anything"
Wow I thought... I must lose everything that I thought I was up to this point in the area of dealing with women. I have to lose the idea that I am perfect, that I'm a ladies man, that I can use techniques to conquer the female kind. The more you go out and see the reality as it is, the more you ACCEPT it. This bootcamp is helping me accept who I am at this point and what I need to learn and do.
I was feeling very content with this idea that I have nothing right now. Several beatiful women stood or sat down close to me today, and they were giving IOI's clearly. Instead of getting nervous like I usually do and trying to think of something to do I just thought: "Go away I have no idea what to do with you". And that made me extraordinarly comfortable with their presence. Funny eh?