From shy guy to don juan. Daily experiences.
"The secret of happiness is freedom. And the secret of freedom is courage."

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Bootcamp w2d6

I have 14 or 15 convos. I don't really know. I had some beers today and can't recall some of the approaches. The thing about alcohol for me is that it doesn't do anything for removing the fear it just helps to forget quicker what I've just done. Good for dealing with embarassment but that's all.

Most of my convos are really semiconvos. It's not like there is a real discussion but I'm breaking through my comfort zones constantly. There is a million things to talk about and if you go blank or don't know what to say next it is just because you are not feeling COMFORTABLE talking to a stranger. If I approach a person and he catches on my vibe and is friendly we can talk for hours because we are comfortable. Also you are comfortable with friends and family that's why you can talk to them easily about anything. So my point is: don't worry about having good or long conversations, completing this bootcamp is just a process which makes you more and more comfortable. I don't see any short-cut, just approach people constantly and have the most awkward conversations in the world but it is worth it, you will look one day back at this and laugh because you will know that you've done good.

-------------------

The mind-hack described in my precious post didn't work today. I might be doing it wrong. The process worked for getting more motivation and a confident mood. I definitely want to use it for that. It's a hard thing for fear. I think it worked yesterday because of my sexual state, I was really in a higher place of being and because of that the mind-hack worked better or was just a gimmick.