From shy guy to don juan. Daily experiences.
"The secret of happiness is freedom. And the secret of freedom is courage."

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Bootcamp w2d2

My current count:
4/15

Quote:
I'm having problems keeping the conversations going, this has ALWAYS been a problem for me to do, to constantly pound out things to talk about. Should I just make the first couple sound like an interrogation until I get used to the doing this?? Like just suck for the sake of sucking in the begining so I can get over whatever fear it is I have? To just let myself come off as a little desperate for talk?
That's what I'm doing. I can discuss contemporary philosophy or bring out the funniest parts of my life with my friends, but with strangers I suck. I have a psychic barrier that I need to overcome and that is the point between "I'm just asking about something" to "You seem interesting, let's get to know each other". As somebody wrote on these forums: It is impossible to not have anything to say. Having stuff to say is a matter of social calibration. Once you've done this a lot you just know what to say and do. But if you've never done this before you will stall every moment. I'm making baby steps with conversations, I'm still learning that people are generally friendly and are happy to talk.