From shy guy to don juan. Daily experiences.
"The secret of happiness is freedom. And the secret of freedom is courage."

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Bootcamp w3d3

OK here is my report for today:
I approached about 7-8 chicks today. But I'm counting it as 2 convos because they were in 2 groups. I couldn't talk to 1 girl yesterday and today I approached groups. Am I crazy? Because I really feel comfortable talking to groups? I have no problem with making a fool of myself in front of a group but a single girl terrifies me. Maybe it's because of my stage experience.

Here's a little info on what helped me do the approaches:
First of all I did warmups - 3 short convos with random strangers, about 5 Hi's. Then I couldn't get myself to approach for a long time. So I got angry and decided that I will have the stupidest conversation ever. That got me really motivated (I like to use humour to motivate myself). Then I remembered a technique which helped me succeed today.
The technique is: Focus on the destination.
So if you see a girl and you decide to approach at this moment quickly visualize the destination. The destination is you opening your mouth and saying something to her. That is the only thing that is in your mind and then just observe yourself as you're doing it. It's like throwing a grappling hook at the target and then you just pull yourself using the rope.

convos count: 2/10