From shy guy to don juan. Daily experiences.
"The secret of happiness is freedom. And the secret of freedom is courage."

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Bootcamp w2d5

These convos are a hard thing for me. Sometimes it's easy sometimes it is impossible. I need to make a systematic approach without worring about the results. That will make it easier. I discovered a mind-hack today to overcome fear and do what you want. I didn't test it well because I did it when I was coming back home in a bus. I used it to maintain a really long sexual eye contact with an attractive girl, which I never did before. I'll test it tomorrow and I'll tell you what it is, if it works for starting convos. My count so far: 11/15.

Thomas94305: Hehe the opener is for flippinfreak not for me, we need to give him more assignments ). What about something simple: Hey babe, wanna masturbate each other?

----------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow I want to go out and test something that might be powerful. It will be hard and time consuming but it will pay for life-time. Basically it is belief changing in command mode. It is a mind-hack taken from "The multiple self" from dirtsimple.org. When you WANT something try to do it. If fear arises start to RATIONALIZE. "Mind lines" comes in handy to reframe all beliefs that your brain will throw out when you are in this state. Now go back to the fear and now IMAGINE IN COMMAND MODE that you are COMBINING THESE TWO AREAS of your brain. The neural networks of fear and the networks of rationalizing will combine and fear will be destroyed and you will DO what you WANTED to. The "doing" part is done once you believe the combining has been done. It will be a strong feeling of faith. You will know that this is it and then you will DO IT. How do you WANT something? Wanting is based on goals. I don't know yet who sets goals, but it is irrelevant right now. Let's say your goal is to overcome all personal barriers. A good motivation to do this is to try doing the opposite of what you have always done. Do the OPPOSITE is a powerful motivator that I want to use. It will be a weapon in the rationalizing part.
Things I've learned today: if you are establishing a new habit you are starting from zero. From that point your brain does not know what you want to do. If you go to the mall with the intention of talking with people, the brain does not know what exactly that means and you will end up doing nothing. That's how it works. So in order to start conversations you must set up clear goals that are familiar. You must pick a person and pick a topic. If this is entirely new the 3 second rule will fail. Only when the brain knows what you are up to it will follow gladly the 3 second rule. So pick a target, pick a line to deliver and then DO IT. How to do it? This is described in my previous post. I have an answer to the last question.
how do you "don't expect any result"?
By focusing on the process. It is a matter of attention. Attention is everything. Awareness radius. These are topics that I might write about later.
Also... how do you not NEED anything? You must realize that if you need emotions you can create them. If you want to feel joy for example after approaching a girl, just feel it now. If you can feel it now you won't need anything from that girl therefore your approach will be comfortable. And when you're COMFORTABLE YOU CAN DO ANYTHING.
I tested that today with no spectacular results. It is a tool in the mind-hack toolset that I want to test out more.