From shy guy to don juan. Daily experiences.
"The secret of happiness is freedom. And the secret of freedom is courage."

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Bootcamp w2d3

It takes 21 days for breaking and establishing a new habit (that's what I've heard). So gentlemen, in 11 days we will be new men! ("We are the sum of our habits"!)

I did 3 conversations with "people that are payed to talk to you" today. It still needed some courage, I'm counting that as 1. Later I did 2 conversations with some old dudes. It's incredible how people are just waiting there for you to start a conversation!
So, my current count is 7/15 .

My notes on CONFIDENCE:
I see a lot of discussion about this issue on these forums. Here's what I realized today about confidence or lack of it. Lack of confidence is just an excuse for not making any progress. Is confidence a real thing? Was anybody ever hit in the head with a confidence? No, because it is a pure thought and no real obstacle. Lack of confidence is not an excuse. Today I caught myself doing this, I was thinking that I need to be confident to do something, to approach a person and start a conversation. No, the real reason for me not approaching is FEAR OF THE RESULTS of an interaction. And that can be anything: embarassment, pain, guilt, dates, commitments, blow-jobs. In order to eliminate that fear I need to detach from the outcome. You've probably heard this before, but try to understand it. To detach succesfully from the outcome DO NOT EXPECT ANYTHING. Expecting something leads to NEEDINESS and neediness leads to FEAR OF LOSS. And that loss is something imaginary in the future, so it is illogical. How to not need anything? That's what I want to know, my guess would be inner piece... One question for you guys: what would you rather have 1. No fear of doing anything or knowing how to ignore it or 2. Have all the skills in the world but be paralyzed when thinking of applying them?



Quote:
Open it.. don't try to "force" it to go to any length.
Tom, very true. Also thinking about the amazing things you are gonna talk about before you approach causes anxiety.


-------------

Here are some better conversation tips from Jugglers crew. I find it much better than the geeky stuff on this forum like "nouning":
http://www.charismaarts.com/blog/Chad/9
http://www.charismaarts.com/blog/Chad/10
http://www.charismaarts.com/blog/Chad/11