From shy guy to don juan. Daily experiences.
"The secret of happiness is freedom. And the secret of freedom is courage."

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Context

Dr. Paul:
Go out and coach yourself at all time. You will be percieved as COOL.
Taking action is better than doing nothing.
Courage - there is something more important than fear.

I got out today with the intention of saying Hi's. I didn't do anything. I felt really wierd. I was oversensitive especially to smell. Everybody stank. It mut be some hormonal thing? Also I wasn't comfortable with my clothes. This is big. If you're not going some place were clothes really matter wair stuff that you are comfortable with, it will save you a lot of time. If you're comfortable you can DO anything. I did train eye contact. There is still much to learn in this field. Here is what I did today:
A good technique to learn this is to: pretend that you can't move your head up or down, like there is an invisible force field or your neck is broken. So you have to keep your head straight. It will feel stupid for the first couple of minutes but if you break through that feeling you'll find that keeping eye contact is a very natural thing, because holding your head up confidently and not looking at someone looks stupid because you are like the terminator. If you hold your head and look at people you are like a friendly cool person they wanna meet.

Another thing I learned today: my worst fear in any social situation is fear of losing my context. Or my frame, or my personality. The whole purpose of 'the game' is to maintain and put context on other people. If you project your context on other people you are higher value and status than them. When I lose the frame or someone projects their frame on me I lose. Those are the times when I feel terrible. The times when I succesfully project my context I feel wonderful.
If you are the 'real best self', there is no context. Hence there is no 'game. Nobody loses. But, contexts are fun. I want to use them only for fun and learning. This way I won't get hurt when losing the game. I want to approach people with different contexts in mind, I made up even characters:
- Clinton: the charming auto-ironic knight
- Teddy: the ironic dope
- Migel: the seducer

Insecure, unsuccesful women admire stereotypical handsome men and they show it. The same kind of men do for hot blonde women. That is why I get attention from these girls and I intuitively back off from them.